Friday, July 31, 2009

Dear Charleston,


Ok. Before i go on my rant for this late night blog sesh. I just want to say ...PUBLICLY that i LOVE my CITY ...PUBLICLY. &PUBLICLY i will rep CHUCKTOWN and tha Carolinas until tha day i keel over and kick tha bucket simultaneously. But, PRIVATELY, i'm in pain. my city hurts my heart everyday when i see such atrocities as i have bared witness to in tha recent months.


Dear CHARLESTON:


I know you have talent. I've witnessed the talented children you have birthed and raised and I am proud of you for allowing them to develop and grow but CHARLESTON, please! In order to flourish as a community as a unit we must support each other. we must BUILD each other, and acknowledge pure talent when we come in contact with it! ---but as a child of charleston, as a CHUCKTOWN soulja til tha end, I WILL NOT CONDONE GHETTO ACTIVITIES. I'm not saying you can't embrace where you're from. [though, from my dear friend chap, i've discovered that if you are not and were never a resident of warsaw, poland than you have no idea what a "ghetto" really is.] i will NOT support a female "model" who insists on wearing starburst candy wrappers and 10$ bills in her hair or has her ass hanging out of some Wet Seal jeans she cut holes in. I WILL NOT support a "promo" company that allows their models to wear nylon bra-like tops and shorts that look like they took some of granny's old stockings and cut tha legs off! i will NOT support wack ass, talentless "artists," that think ain nobody "feelin" them &everybody's "hating" on thaCHUCK. i will NOT.


Charleston, PLEASE. if you want tha rest of tha world to FEEL you, HEAR you, SEE you, please act like you got some HOME TRAINING. ---you have such a rich history and culture that i REALLY feel like you're cheating yourself. You can keep your gritty geechee accent and slang but be able to ARTICULATE. be able to let tha world know EXACTLY what you mean, when your lyrics radiate through tha airwaves. Be PRESENTABLE. You can express your style without looking like you fell off a fucking turnip truck! like SERIOUSLY, Charleston. I love you. &i'm only saying these things because, A) they're true. B) i KNOW you can do better. I know you have tha ability to take entertainment, nightlife, music, art, CULTURE to another level and cordially invite tha rest of tha country to your beautiful salt water beaches, FRESH seafood and to "skrait MIXX like a TWIXX, outcha!"


oh, Charleston. if you love me, and i KNOW you do. because you welcomed me and my seed into your loving arms and have helped support us, supplying us with shelter, compassion and understanding---if you love me, like i love you. ---Just take this letter as a gesture of good faith, that you will take heed to what is obviously as befuddling to you as it is to me...


don't change who you are. just modify and adapt. make yourself more appealing to your target audience while enhancing what is already beautiful. you have tha talent. you have tha resources. utilize and succeed.


but ay, man.

i outcha.

mixx me,

nkefce

No comments:

Post a Comment