Saturday, March 27, 2010

H1gher Learning X HolaOla Presents: BYOT




Tonight was AWESOME! With my recent loner attitude, it’s been hard for me to find a crowd in which I feel as though I fit in and I could have a conversation involving a little more than weed, alcohol and big booty girls. But tonight, I attended the BYOT (Bring Your Own Tee) Event at Tin Roof in West Ashley, a great dive bar. It was the perfect atmosphere for this event; with free admission, a rockin’ DJ and screen printing on pretty much whatever you like from leggings to plain white tees to Ralph Lauren Polo crew neck sweatshirts! I had an amazing time! Thanks to my brother from another KJ, creator of The Brown Derby Haberdashery, I was able to meet Ayoka, style editor for Charleston Magazine and Khalil, Owner/Manager of Suite Life Marketing & Management Agency, along with so many other amazing folks making their dreams come true in Charleston.




It was rather inspiring to me to get back to my fashion/model dreams. The excitement in everyone’s voice in accord with the mellow mood of the night made me feel great! It was definitely a change of pace for me. Lately, I’ve been surrounded by narrow minds and it was refreshing to be around dreamers, doers and achievers. With that said, look out for me on Ayoka’s Style Blog on the Charleston Magazine site. You may just see more of me in the Charleston Fashion Scene. Do I smell Charleston Fashion Week 2011? Ha! …I might be.


nkefce

PS ---my HOROSCOPE for today:
Go back to the beginning if you want inspiration to keep going. Reflect deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment