Friday, March 26, 2010

“…Never Throw A Stone and Hide Your Hand.”


So a friend told me that his mother always told him, “never throw a stone and hide your hand.” ---Basically, take responsibility for your actions and stand behind what you say and do. This struck a nerve with me because just recently, I was in a situation where I felt like certain people where volleying the line of friend and foe. I use the term “foe” lightly, because, it’s not so much and enemy …more like a person I just don’t want to be around. I personally feel like if you’re going to do something or say something then you should OWN up to it. And take whatever consequences that derive from your actions. I’m so not a follower so I can’t quite grasp how people flipflop opinions on the same situation to appease the group of individuals they are around at the time.
Like for instance, if everyone in Group A doesn’t want to be around Group B, Freddy Follower goes along with Group A until he’s around Group B and vice versa. I can’t be around ANYONE like that. I’m so confrontational that I will call them out on their bullshit, first name, last name and all. I’m my own person, I’m practically a loner because I only fraternize with a VERY small group of individuals and it’s not even on a regular basis. If I badmouth someone, it’s based on a truth that I have inferred from the interactions that I’ve had with said individual. I mean, of course, it’s my own personal opinion and it just may be judgemental, bias or skewed but honestly, I don’t care. I mean whatever I say when I say it. My opinion may change after conversation but at that moment in time I meant it. Some people, on the other hand, have the tendency to speak or do things that they are too embarrassed, ashamed or scared to own up to. “Never throw a stone and hide your hand.” If that’s the case, then you should have never said anything. No one forces people to speak negatively about others yet, it happens all the time and when they are approached about it, they DENY. DENY. DENY! ---I guess I’ll never understand and maybe that’s a good thing. Once I lose respect for someone for “hiding their hands” after they “throw a stone,” it’s practically impossible for me to ever think of you as more than a follower and I don’t need that in my space. I’ve had followers in the past and it’s quite annoying.
Just a word of advice: If you’re going to hide your hand, just make sure the people that saw you throw that stone are properly compensated because well, …you get the picture.

nkefce
PS ---my horoscope for today:

Your ability to see through people is strong now and while you may not want to call every last person in the world on their lies or self-deception, it does help you navigate the complex social territory.

3 comments:

  1. You're friends with Jay Electronica?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That' is funny. ^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stand that craziness. These are the same people that like to parade that they're so real this, that and the third. That's flaw to me. It's a given most people are phonies, which is why, like yourself, I ride solo.

    ReplyDelete