Wednesday, October 7, 2009

long overdue...


tha other day i went to work. i was lifted like a redneck's f-150 and looking forward to a LONG uneventful and rather mundane day at work. i get there stupid early because i was having every intention of being tha first to get cut; i didn't feel like that shit that day.


so. i get there. i'm sittin there just chillin. yall know how i do. then one of my many friends from the kitchen rolls up on me as usual ...&asks me what's wrong. he said he was so used to me coming in with a smile on my face, hugging and joking around with everyone. he started complimenting me RANDOMLY. not your everyday, "oh you look nice today" ass compliments.


"you got your own car, right?"

YEAH.

"&you in school? and you work..."

YEP. FULL TIME STUDENT.

"man, you doin sooo good. you are a strong black woman. you only 21?"

AW, THANKS. YEP. JUST 21...

"omg. you are doing so well. you keep doing you, girl. you are definitely an amazing woman."


He hugged me, yall. &i started crying. I just wanted to tell him THANK YOU. but i couldnt stop crying. i was bawling. but tha tears JUST WOULDN'T STOP. i've been getting complimented by a lot of my friends by tha way i handle shit. &i just want to tell them that this shit is HARD. it is tiresome and stressful. but that's LIFE.


so, once i got that little cry out. i told him thank you. i got cut first. &enjoyed my day off work.


so everybody hustling, grinding and staying focused. yall keep doing yall shit. but sometimes, you gotta let that stress and frustration out. i know for me, that was LONG OVERdue.


pce.

nkefce.

No comments:

Post a Comment