Thursday, October 29, 2009

What YOUR future looking like..?

yeah. so lately, i've been contemplating tha idea of moving away again and trying to start a new life with my son. unlike last time, i have a bit more responsibilities and my outlook &perspective on life has changed. ---so i'm taking the important thing into account. I'm weighing my options, tis why i've been dwelling on it for the past 6mths or so. I knew there would come a time when I had to thank my people for everything they've done &finally embark on this cold world, all by my lonesome again. But UNLIKE last time, i am equipped with more knowledge, wisdom and focus than i had before and am MUCH more confident in my abilities "out there."

In the mist of my contemplation, i run across different avenues in which i could fenagle something &get a head start on my future. BUT...everytime i'm about to take that last step to the point of minimal/no return something happens. SOMETHING always stops me and makes me rethink it...maybe it's fear...or maybe it's my, now btter, sense of judgement; a gut feeling that "hmmm, you may make tha same mistake again, if you cut corners" &so i don't. i wait it out because a little bird once told me that after the rain comes sunshine. so i pick my battles and decided to weather the storm a bit more. School has always been easy for me but after a certain point i think it became less of a priority and more of a burden. More of a liability in tha short term than a long term asset.---but that was my weak state of mind. my immaturity at its peak &i'm paying tha consequences everyday. The immense lack of employment opportunities makes it a hard decision for young adults who have to pay bills. I know I say this often, TOO often i'm being to think, that i STILL know college graduates who are becoming depressed and shoved into the "real world" because the scarcity of employment is RIDICULOUS. I know grown ass men that still live of their parents because they were unable to get A job after college, not a GOOD job. just A job.

People always suggest low paying jobs, just to have some sort of employment until you find something in your field of study...but SHIT. even with those jobs, hiring managers dont want to hire someone they feel may cost them more money. an over-qualified individuals ...is what they call 'em. The same person with the college degree can go to a a better paying job in their field of study and apply for an entry-level position and STILL not get it because they don't have "experience." &a LOT of places want 2+ years of experience. ----so tha question is... be over-qualified with no job OR start at tha bottom &work your way up? It'll probably take approximately the same time to get where you need to be...except you'll actually be getting paid doing one.

jst a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment